Sunday, January 24, 2010

Vegan cookies and EMMA!




The new BBC Emma is so worth watching. While the chance to watch for frivolous frocks is best left to Hollywood or remakes of Vanity Fair, the BBC has always most faithfully brought Austen's work to life. (And Brontë's and Christie's). I'm quite wrapped up all over again in Emma's sweet, misguided little world...waiting for her to notice the loved one right in front of her. Romola Garai is fun to watch. A bit over-expressive for my taste, but maybe I should give this Brit some leeway. They don't all have to be sooo reserved....









I made these sugar-free, vegan treats to replace a cookie craving and I love them. Though I think they might be wonderful as breakfast bars. Next time I'll add in some dark chocolate and organic cocoa powder to make them a bit fudgier. So the recipe is as follows:


2 (over) ripe bananas
2 tbs almond milk, sugarless
3 tbs maple syrup
1/4 cu flour
1/3 cu crunchy natural peanut butter
dash cinnamon 
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/4 cu quick cooking, rolled oats


Mash/mix all together and bake at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes. 


source: janeausteninvermont, about.com

No comments:

Post a Comment